Skyrim RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Barbarians Among Us (Open)
A Small Price (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 9:14 pm by Hellbreaker3

» and people wonder why it's better to buy a horse...( Moon/Open)
A Small Price (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 9:13 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Beginning of a path(Open)
A Small Price (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 3:04 pm by Hellbreaker3

» Welcome to School( Open)
A Small Price (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 6:53 pm by A pimp named Pika

» custom spell rules proposition
A Small Price (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 7:16 pm by Moon

» Just a bard doin bard things (open)
A Small Price (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2015 10:16 pm by Thr33

» Pierelle Ashkiss (Done)
A Small Price (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2015 6:37 pm by Moon

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 26 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:07 am

A Small Price (Open)

3 posters

Go down

A Small Price (Open) Empty A Small Price (Open)

Post by Bloo Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:44 pm

It was a late night, and Lilitha had just gotten into Riften for the first time. Her first impression of Skyrim was terrible. At the gate, she was mugged by guards for coins that she grudgingly gave out to avoid having to run to Cyrodiil next. Then upon entering the inn...

Well, most were already drunk. She didn't want to blame them. They had many opinions on Dunmer in Skyrim. After the eruption of the Red mountain, many Dunmer had fled to Skyrim. Riften, close to the border, experienced the influx too. It was considered to be a plague, and the general opinion on Dunmer was insulting.

Despite the disgusted glances, and the not so quiet mutterings about her, she was making sure she had a good time. A drink in her hand, and she'd already negotiated a room out of the innkeeper...

"How much do you cost there, baby? I know you Dunmers are cheap, right?"

Classy, Lilitha thought as she looked over to the man who was barely on his feet and an empty cup in his hand. "Very cheap. Come on."

She stood up and took his hand, walking him around the town. The city was dark as the night itself, and the guards were hardly keeping watch over anything. Perfect. Now for a location...

"The love Goddess' temple... everyone goes there... it's love!"

The low chuckle and sly smile that came to the Dark Elf's lips would have convinced a sober man to retreat. She followed his lead to the temple, and did a quick look around. No witnesses. Perfect. Her hand fell on his back, and he glowed purple for a moment. Soul trap.

With that in place, her ebony dagger went threw the back of the man's throat to stifle his screams. He dropped seconds later.

"I told you I was cheap. I just want your soul is all."

She felt better, but was left with the problem of a corpse. After drinking a quick potion, she cast another spell and the man stood up again. Perfect. She waved her hand at the zombie, pulling a soul gem from her pocket and twirling it around. Then she'd starts wiping the blade off and move away from the temple. The zombie went to the town square and started swinging its big axe around and making a ruckus. She just needed someone else to kill it, then it was no longer her fault... besides, nobody saw her cast that spell right? It should be hard to prove it was her.
Bloo
Bloo

Back to top Go down

A Small Price (Open) Empty Re: A Small Price (Open)

Post by Moon Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:10 pm

With still no luck on the ring, Arobrynn was at his last day in Skyrim before traveling once more. He had stayed at the inn that night for he was dressing in his Dark Brotherhood attire and couldn't be seen walking in and out a manor. That being said, most people in Riften thought he had already left.
However, Arobrynn was currently in his room writing down some information about a certain client in a journal, fully in gear. He had his window open to the outside world so he could get a little bit of fresh air, as much fresh air as you could in this town.

As he was writing, he heard some smashing and growling from the outside, like a creature of sort making a scene. Arobrynn tucked away his things under the floor board, turned off the light, equipped himself, and jumped out the window, landing softly. The assassin would hide against the dark and pull out both swords, crouching low.
As he rolled against the ground, using the small rock wall as cover, a scream could be heard from a near by window. They began shouting nonsense and the only thing he heard out of that was man and brotherhood. turtle neck, he had been spotted.

The creature looked towards the scream and came barreling towards Arobrynn, not completely seeing him. He didn't see him until last moment when Arobrynn popped out and jabbed him with the hilt of his sword to knock him off his feet.
The zombied man didn't hesitate to grab the nearest barrel and throw it at the assassin, knocking him backwards.

Angry, Arobrynn cut at it's gut, spraying blood across the area. More screams emitted as lights turned on from houses, people gaining the courage to peak. Meanwhile, the assassin would kick the man to his knees and behead him with most of his glass swords, letting it topple to the ground. Guards were running towards him.
To make sure no one could identify the body, the assassin grabbed both head and body and quickly dragged it to the edge where he threw it over into the water. Sure someone might find it eventually, but it could give Arobrynn some time. That being said, people were finally gaining the courage to exit, yelling all sorts of banter.

The assassin made a bolt for the wall somewhat near the temple. He took a leap of faith over the fence and on the other side he'd see a shadow figure lurking. He didn't give it any thought as he shoved two swords into the wall and began to scale it, followed by a stream of arrows aiming for him. Luckily he made it over, but the guards were now running towards the shadow figure as well.
Moon
Moon
Admin

https://rpgskyrim.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloo Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:31 pm

Lilitha's plan seemed to be working perfectly. She'd gotten rid of the body, captured a soul, and now everyone blamed the chaos on the man jumping out of the window. Someone shouted Brotherhood, and Lilitha made sense of it. The Dark Brotherhood and Morag Tong were the biggest assassin groups in Morrowind. The Zombie stood no chance against the assassin, but he seemed to draw the attention of the guards and... ran right towards Lilitha.

Cursing loudly, she darted for the city door, heaving it open. Stumbling outside and knowing that the guards were incoming, she knew she'd have to leave or risk answering questions. She cast a quick spell, pointed at the ground.

From that spot rose the skeleton mare, Arvak. It rose with a slight shamble to it's step. Lilitha wasn't an expert horse rider, but she needed to move faster than her feet would allow. When the Dark Brotherhood assassin would land on the other side of the wall, it'd be a few feet away from Lilith, who was struggling to mount the horse and hadn't noticed him.
Bloo
Bloo

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:44 pm

When he landed on the other side, the gate was wide open allowing guards to fire arrows at him. He nimbly dodged and ran towards the stable where his horse was mounted, that is, was mounted. Before he could jump on it was shot multiple times. Arobrynn pressed himself against the wall and saw the mysterious figure summon a horse.
So this was a necromancer? Maybe it was the person who made that zombie and was hiding in the shadows? It made sense at least.

He could only take his chances on this one, for all he knew this might turn out to be a future ally. Until he knew this, he simply ran and attempted to jump on the back of the horse where he would hold a knife to the necromancers throat. If he made it, he'd whisper in the person's ear. "Ride"
Moon
Moon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloo Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:07 am

As Lilitha got settled on the horse, barely feeling her mana start to recover, a man jumped on behind her. She cursed, drawing her own dagger and about to attack when cold steel met her neck and he whispered "Ride."

"That was the plan." She said with a sigh, getting frustrated with the assassin. "You've really complicated things for me. I was about to get away free..."

She charged up another spell and shot it to the ground on their right, summoning a familiar. It was a weak spell,, for sure, but it was small and fast enough that when it ran at the guards it could distract them. With how dark it was and how hard it was to see, she figured she'd be able to come back without a bounty on her head in a few weeks. Hopefully.

The horse started going, but Lilitha's riding ability was subpar at best. With the bumpy, shakey ride she expected to get her head removed by the mans dagger.

"I guess it's more interesting this way, though."
Bloo
Bloo

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:15 am

Well at least this was going well for Arobrynn. The necromancer didn't put up a fight and took off, seeming to understand what circumstance they were both in at the moment. However, while he pressed the blade to her neck, he gave her a few inches so he didn't actually cut her neck, he didn't want a dead horse rider of course.
As the moments passed, Arobrynn cursed under his breath as he realized he left his important journal and coins back at the inn. They were hidden under the floor board, but someone could find them. He made a mental note to make Melony and Fredric aware of this so they can retrieve it some time.

"Answer this, was that you who made the zombie?" Arobrynn asked, keeping his voice low and husky.
Moon
Moon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloo Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:34 am

It was nice to have some room to breathe without the threat of slashing damage, Lilitha was having enough trouble riding the horse. She didn't plan on practicing her horseback skills today, but sometimes things didn't always go as planned. She swallowed back the motion sickness and forced herself to focus on the task at hand.

Her passenger started making small talk, and Lilitha tried to resist the urge to be snide. "I sure hope so, the idea of a necromancer I don't know running around is scary. The real question is.... why did an assassin get involved with it? I had that mess under control."

She focused herself on recovering. She'd used a lot of mana, and a moment to get it back would help if this turned violent.
Bloo
Bloo

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:45 am

The necromancer claimed the zombie, making this situation make a lot more sense. Despite knowing her reasoning, he already knew what a powerful necromancer she was, and she didn't do that bad of a job escaping. It wasn't flashy, but it did the trick. Arobrynn kept this in mind as they rode, still holding the knife to her neck, he didn't want her to get any ideas.
She asked him why he interfered which he simply replied. "If the guards found the body they'd go around and ask about him, especially where he was staying. The Inn people would list off suspicious characters, including me, so I have to get rid of the problem before it arises." Arobrynn stated in a matter-of-fact way. Even when he's trying to somewhat shield his persona and identity, he came off arrogant.

"Head North towards Windhelm." He ordered, easing off the knife a bit more.
Moon
Moon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloo Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:01 am

The man explained his thinking, almost coming off as arrogant but Lilitha thought it almost sounded robotic. The man had analyzed the situation quickly, and considered all options. How interesting. She'd love to reap his soul some day, but it'd be best to keep that one to herself. Her mana was returning to her, but honestly she didn't feel the need to defend herself against the man. An arrogant thought on it's own.

"I've never been to Windhelm." She said, musing mostly. She was relaxed, clearly. As someone who could control life and death, the prospect of dying wasn't so terrifying. "Skyrim is much different than Morrowind. I see they still have the Brotherhood though. Are you at the Morag Tong's throats here as well?"

Information was important, and if she could get this man to give her what she needed, that would be perfect. She was tired, and frankly done with putting in work. Something had to be easy, right?
Bloo
Bloo

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:43 pm

When she said she had never been to Windhelm Arobrynn let out a sigh. "turtle neck, of course you haven't." He growled, easing up on the knife and relaxing his shoulders. "Just head North" He ordered, still not giving up on the fact that she could flip him off the horse at any given moment.
When she asked for information, Arobrynn stayed silent. He wasn't about to give free information, that was one of the most important thing in his line of business and wouldn't give it away easily.
Moon
Moon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thr33 Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:33 am

A slender dark elf lay down in the grass, listening to the rushing water, flowing through the river in front of him. He squinted his eyes as he waited. Light sparkled through the ripples, foam gushed near the banks and lapped up on the mer's knees.  Suddenly a ripple to his left caused his head to pivot as he dove into the river, arms outstretched.

Moments passed before the mer jumped out and onto the opposite bank, breathing heavily and eyeing his prize. A small orange and blue fish wriggled for a moment in his hands before he tightened his grip around its head and its center. With a small grunt, he cracked the animal's neck, watching as a patch of green liquid dripped out for a moment.

He smirked in satisfaction. Most river fish were absolutely delicious to eat, and this breed was no different, but when mixing its blood with a certain berry, a truly hazardous poison could be derived. Quickly, he grabbed a small blue berry from his bag and mashed it in a with his mortar and pestle, then continuing to poor the fish's blood into the juice, creating a strange blue liquid. Quickly, he filled 3 spare vials with the mixture.

Suddenly, he was distracted from his work, though, as he realized he was mixing in the middle of the road. A deathly looking steed was heading straight for him with two riders moving hastily.

The mer jumped up and held up his hands, tossing his supplies lightly off the road and safely into the grass. "Hold up!" He yelled quickly, hoping that the riders would have the sense not to plow him over. He didn't have much time to dive out of the way, but he'd have to try if they didn't swerve or stop themselves.
Thr33
Thr33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down